Community Action Partnership of Ramsey and Washington Counties
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Education Quality Support Manager, this position is responsible for the coordination and implementation of Relationship Based Professional Development (RBPD) for Head Start classrooms. The position will provide pedagogical leadership, mentoring, coaching, training and technical assistance to staff to support high quality, comprehensive child development and education services. The Practice-Based Coaching (PBC) model is the strategy used to guide the coaching in order to improve the teaching practices within classrooms in order to lead to positive outcomes for all children.
Scope of Supervision: Indirect: Provides technical assistance and coaching to the teaching staff at Head Start center-based sites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing coaching, feedback, setting individual teacher goals, training and modeling utilizing the Practice-Based Coaching (PBC) model and supporting staff & classroom goals as appropriate to ensure that classroom staff structures the environment, plans and implements learning experiences, and provides social and emotional supports, which facilitate the development of young children, regardless of abilities.
- Develop a collaborative partnership with teachers, model and support research-based teaching strategies, set shared goals, implement action plans based on high quality teaching practices, and provide feedback using the Practice-Based Coaching Model.
- Coach and support teaching staff on the implementation of the Pyramid Model ensuring strategies are done with fidelity. Coaching and support may include the creation of materials (e.g. visual schedules, first/then board, sensory items, scripted stores, etc.), and/or training/modeling of strategies to support classroom management and individual students.
- Work with Center Education Coordinators (CECs) and the Assistant Director to propose, plan and deliver coaching plans and professional development opportunities for teaching staff.
Support, coordinate or facilitate Communities of Practice and build a collaborative partnership with teaching staff.
- Facilitate and coordinate small group coaching sessions for Communities of Practice based on shared goals and focused learning.
- Motivate and encourage teaching staff to implement and follow through on suggestions made to improve teaching practices. Inform supervisors if resistance of teaching staff is experienced.
- Train and/or consult as needed throughout the program based on research based teaching strategies and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field and a minimum of 5 years of experience in an early childhood setting required. Master’s degree in related field plus 5 years of experience preferred.
- Previous Head Start program experience preferred.
- CLASS Reliability Certification preferred (must obtain within 90 days of hire).
- Knowledge of Creative Curriculum, TS GOLD, DECA, MPSI and the Pyramid Model preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community and early childhood resources preferred.
- Experience with outcome-based program evaluation preferred.
- Training experience on various early childhood topics preferred.
- Supervisory or mentoring experience preferred.
- Experience with Adult Learning preferred.
- CPR Certification (within 90 days of hire)
- First Aid Certification (within 90 days of hire)
- Driver’s License and Proof of Car Insurance
Abilities and Skills:
- Enjoy working with young children.
- Ability to effectively relate and communicate to people of varying multi-ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Flexibility and willingness to work as a team.
- Capable of using good judgment in classroom situations, and in interactions with staff, parents and community volunteers.
- Ability to analyze problems, identify solutions, and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills, including capacity to mentor other staff.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Excellent reading, writing and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and have the stamina to model best practices in the classroom and act appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Physically capable of reacting to the demands of active 3-5 year olds.
- Must possess the stamina and ability to physically model best practices in the classroom.
- Must be able to successfully pass pre-placement Head Start physical exam.
Department: Head Start
Schedule: M– F, 40 Hours/Week, Seasonal
Community Action offers excellent benefits including generous paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, health, dental & life insurance, retirement, employee discount programs and more.
Community Action conducts criminal background checks at the time of hire. Some positions require additional fingerprint and photo verification. Not all backgrounds are a barrier to employment.
As a condition of employment Community Action requires all employees to be fully vaccinated or have an accepted exemption form completed upon hire.
Posting Dates: 8/3/2022 – 8/17/2022
Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.