Website Lutheran Social Service MN
LSS MN is a large multi-service non-profit organization
$1000 Hiring Bonus
Job Posting: Teacher / Early Intervention Educator
To Apply: email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the LSS Therapeutic Preschool
The LSS Families Together Therapeutic Preschool provides essential services for vulnerable children and families in the Frogtown and East St. Paul neighborhoods of St. Paul. The preschool combats the effects of instability and trauma through a therapeutic, relationship-based approach that results in significant developmental progress for children, so they are socially, emotionally, cognitively, and physically ready for kindergarten. Recognizing that trauma is at the root of developmental delays for many children, the preschool embeds therapeutic interventions into programming to mitigate the effects of toxic stress. The Families Together Preschool has a 4-Star Parent Aware Rating, is NAEYC-accredited, and utilizes strong, research-based curriculum paired with unique approaches in family engagement, child transportation, and integrated therapeutic services.
This job is a mix of preschool education, social-emotional learning, and crisis management. Often the families in our program are in active crisis, have histories of trauma, or are in high stress situations. Applicants must be able to create safety within the classroom as well as manage crisis as it arises. During the school day children access occupational therapy and speech therapy as needed, and caregivers receive family support services. Teachers are expected to collaborate and communicate with these providers to guide classroom intervention and education.
It is an expectation of the Families Together Preschool (FTP) that each person working in our program holds values in anti-racism and anti-oppression. Applicants should be able to articulate the ways racism and oppression impacts the children and families we serve. Applicants are expected to continue to deepen their understanding of anti-racism and anti-oppression through their career at FTP.
Function as a member of a collaborative team to plan and implement an early intervention preschool program for children experiencing high stress, trauma, or crisis.
Plan and implement developmentally appropriate classroom activities for highly stressed preschool aged children.
Provide regulation and support on the bus when transporting children, help conduct food service for the class, and maintain a developmentally appropriate classroom environment.
Ideal candidates would be able to:
· Model, teach, and build the children’s capacity to learn:
o healthy relationship and communication skills
o self-regulation skills
o body autonomy and choice
· Understand how poverty, racism, community violence, and cultural / historical trauma affects our students and family systems
· Have crisis management skills and be able to respond swiftly to crisis in the classroom.
· Easily navigate smart phone technology and a laptop or be willing to learn
· Engage in daily reflection and be open and honest about short-comings in order to grow as an educator
· Lift a 3-5-year-old child if necessary
This job is for you if you are:
Committed to Social Justice and practicing with an anti-racism and anti-oppressive lens
· Minimum AA degree in Child Development, Education, Social Work, Human Services or related field and 2 years of experience working with children and/or families in diverse communities. Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or similar major preferred.
· Minimum of one year experience working with a wide age-range of young developmentally delayed or highly stressed children, preferably in a multidisciplinary or educational setting and with low-income families.
· Demonstrated ability to understand and work well with young children and families challenged by economic and social problems and of varying ethnic backgrounds.
· Commitment to team concept.
· Current Red Cross First Aid and CPR training (may be taken after hire).
· Maintain a valid driver’s license and be willing to operate a commercial vehicle
· Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with a variety of people.
At LSS, we offer a total compensation package that includes health benefits, a comprehensive wellness program and retirement saving plan. Employees also benefit from professional development opportunities, ongoing training, flexible work schedules, and reward and recognition programs. This includes:
· Flexibility & Paid Time Off
· Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
· Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
· Wellness Initiatives
· Retirement Savings
· Leadership Development & Training
· Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
· Reward & Recognition Programs
· Employee Referral Bonus
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.