Website MAHUBE-OTWA Community Action Partnership, Inc.
MAHUBE-OTWA is actively recruiting a Family Coach. We are seeking passionate individuals to help us strengthen our communities by supporting, empowering, and advocating for others. Partner with program staff and community resources to provide a continuum of services to children and families living in poverty from culturally diverse backgrounds offering them the opportunity to reach self-sufficiency. Identify strengths and barriers as well as individual needs, formulate a plan of action, and provide assistance in accessing and coordinating services to meet each family’s needs.
Pay: $22.67 – $24.18
Schedule: Full Time, Monday – Friday, Layoff in June & July Remote Work: Partially Remote, Travel within our 5 county area required Location(s): Detroit Lakes, MN
Program(s): Head Start
Benefits: Health & Dental Insurance, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Vision, Retirement Plan, Holiday Pay, PTO and more…
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
· Four (4) year degree (BA or BS) in Human Services or related field required, or a combination of education and experience. At least one year working directly with families and children in human services strongly preferred.
· Must have knowledge of family systems (including children, youth, parents, seniors, and chosen family), the impact of historical and contemporary inequities, and trauma-informed practices.
· Must be familiar with community resources to support a wide range goals; sobriety, education, employment, health and wellness, and financial literacy.
· Exceptional professionalism required with staff, clients and all stakeholders.
· Must be able to develop and maintain relationships which encourage families to talk comfortably about their setbacks, accomplishments, and goals. Must be able to use a person-centered approach to assess individual and family strengths, develop plans, and coordinate needed services.
· Must understand the impact of adverse childhood experiences, child development, and appropriate interventions.
· Must be able to engage in problem resolution, assess need/problem objectively, and manages crisis situations.
· Ability to be resourceful, flexible, adaptable, and demonstrate commitment.
· Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Must be able and willing to make home visits.
· Must be able to honor private/confidential information.
· Must have valid drivers’ license and must pass Background Study.
Why join the MAHUBE-OTWA family?
Be part of our team of passionate, purpose-driven colleagues who believe in our Agency values – Client Focused, Community Minded and Resourceful. Help us achieve our Mission to empower people to achieve self- sufficiency. Make a lasting impact in the fight against poverty and homelessness. Make a difference in the lives of others. Help us deliver tangible results that empower people and strengthen our communities.
A COMPLETED AGENCY APPLICATION IS REQUIRED as well as 2 letters of reference
Complete the application on our website WWW.MAHUBE.ORG/APPLY-NOW
MAHUBE-OTWA Community Action Partnership, Inc.
1125 West River Road, P.O. Box 747
Detroit Lakes, MN 56502
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org