Website Osseo School District 279
Hours: Positions vary from 2.0-2.5 hours/day; 4 days/week — Hours assigned will be between 3:00pm-6:15pm. Hours will be determined daily and you will be notified at least 1 hour in advance.
General Purpose of Job: To be responsible for assisting in the supervision of the Kidstop children. Our program supports our mission, to inspire and prepare all students with the confidence, courage, and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning. Our program focuses on health, fitness, nutrition and fun enrichment learning.
- Follows all district, building and program health and safety procedures. Ensures that vulnerable students are adequately supervised which may include extra support.
- Operating adaptive equipment (i.e., wheelchairs, and augmentative communication devices, assistive technology) and ensuring their safe and proper use as needed.
- Assisting students with the self-care tasks of feeding, dressing, and toileting. Lifting, moving and transitioning may be necessary for repositioning and/or functional tasks as needed. Under the direction of a licensed school nurse or registered nurse, perform basic medical procedures to include, but not limited to, tube feedings, seizure recognition and precautions, etc
- Work with the instructors and program manager to support and assist in leading a variety of enriching activities that promote the health, social skill building and wellness of students.
- Work with staff to create and implement a schedule of activities based on the needs and ages of the students. Selected candidates will assist in planning and participate in activities. Activities include but are not limited to language arts, science, physical fitness, movement, games and events. .
- Support group activities like clubs, camps, reading, science, social skills, games, or other areas as needed
- Participate enthusiastically in the activities with the children.
- Be a positive role model and an excellent leader to staff and students.
- Great customer service skills. Greet the parents and the children.
- Communicates verbally and in writing accidents or incidents concerning children or staff in conjunction with the site and program leaders. Observing, collecting, documenting and reporting data as directed through an IEP if applicable.
- Help parents with signing in and signing out. Laptop and Ipad experience is preferred.
- Be knowledgeable of the program.
- Work with and support all children in the program.
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy of children and families. Communicates with appropriate personnel as dictated by Federal Education Reporting Practices Act (FERPA) and District policy.
- Carry out the philosophy of Kidstop, District 279 Mission, and the policies and procedures.
- Attend all staff meetings, in-service workshops, and Kidstop sponsored events and complete required training that is needed.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Experience working with students is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of and be able to assist the instructor to plan and lead activities
- Must be able to assist in implementing program wide initiatives in the areas of health and fitness.
- Must have knowledge in and able to assist the instructor and lead groups.
- Must be energetic, have strong communication skills and organizational skills, be confident, patient, sensitive, understanding and able to work with elementary aged students.
- Must believe in the mission of District 279 and have the desire to build on the strengths of the district.
- Must be a team player and able to communicate with all ages.
- Must love working with all children and have previous working experience. Child development knowledge is a plus.
- Current First Aid and CPR training.
Job Type: Part-time, school year
Bargaining Unit: Educational Support Professionals
Salary Range: Per Contract
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.