Website Think Small
Think Small, Minnesota’s leader in early learning, is dedicated to advancing early childhood care and education. We are still committed to the principles that gave rise to our organization 50 years ago – that the quality of a child’s early experiences greatly influences his or her success later in life and that there is much that can be done to improve the quality of early childhood settings to optimize a child’s development.
This position has a flexing schedule which consists of being the on-site staff during in-person trainings and supporting training through administrative tasks and database maintenance remotely. On-site hours (3 – 5 days/week) will be 8 hours starting in early afternoon going into late evening. Remote hours will be traditional day hours. Some Saturdays are required and would be on-site, day hours. We have 1 positions available for staffing trainings at our St Paul location.
- Collaborate within a team to support the delivery of in-person training for Think Small’s various agency contracts.
- Staff trainings in-person during non-standard work hours (I.e. Monday-Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings/afternoons), which includes room set-up and upkeep, participant sign-in, and basic equipment assistance to trainers.
- Manage the professional development support voicemail line and email inbox, responding to educators’ questions about training opportunities, training registration, their use of Develop (MN’s quality improvement and registry tool), and available resources through Think Small and partnering organizations.
- Enter training event details and training attendance into the Develop website.
- Send confirmations and cancellation notices to trainers, venues, and participants.
- Report weekly training participant updates and the needs of customers to team members, assisting in problem-solving to support responsive service delivery.
- Assist with other administrative tasks for Think Small as the needs arise.
- Flexibility to work Monday-Friday on a varying schedule of afternoon-evening hours on training days and standard office hours (9am-5pm) when trainings are not scheduled. Periodic Saturday hours also required.
- Two or four year degree (preferred) in child development, early childhood family education, family support, or human services:
- OR ongoing coursework toward Early Childhood degree or CDA
- Two years’ experience in customer service support online, over the phone and in person
- Proficiency with basic Microsoft Office365 programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, Teams)
An ability to provide excellent customer service through the use of active listening, problem solving, clear communication, and adherence to department policies
- Experience working with diverse populations
- There will be frequent requirements to move wheeled furniture to set up for in-person trainings
- Multi-language individuals with Spanish, Somali, Hmong proficiency preferred
This position is available immediately.
Think Small offers a hiring range of $17.27 to $20.30 per hour for this position and a unique benefit package which includes:
- Medical, dental, short and long term disability, life, vision, pet, critical illness and long term care insurance; medical and dependent care flex, HSA, legal and ID protection plans.
- Pre-tax and ROTH 401k with employer match.
- 23 days of sick/vacation time earned the first year PLUS 9 scheduled holidays and 4 floating holidays for those whose needs don’t conform to the federal holiday calendar.
- We recently introduced 2 new-parent benefits – 6 weeks paid parental leave and infants-at-work program (available after 1 year of employment.)
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Think Small building (located at 10 Yorkton Court, St Paul, MN 55117) and Minneapolis office (located at 3433 Broadway St NE, Suite 460, Minneapolis, MN 55413) are currently closed to the public during standard office hours. This position will work in the Saint Paul office on days with scheduled trainings (3-5 days a week), with the balance of the schedule as remote.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com