Website Wright County Community Action, Inc.
Wright County Community Action (WCCA) is seeking assistant teachers to join our Head Start team who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of children. You will work collaboratively with the teacher to implement daily activities which promote children’s physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development. This position works 40 hours per week during the school year with summer hours being offered when available.
WCCA center based Head Start programs provide free learning and development services for eligible families and their children ages 3 to 5 years old.
A Covid-19 vaccine or WCCA approved exemption is required for this position per the Federal Head Start mandate. Masking is required for this position regardless of vaccination status.
To submit an application visit our website at www.wccaweb.com/home/employment
Required Education and Experience:
- Have or are working towards a Child Development Associate credential (CDA), a state awarded certificate that meets or exceeds the requirements for a CDA credential; or
Meet or exceed MN DHS Rule 3 qualifications for Assistant Teacher and are willing to complete a CDA within 2 years of hire.
- Classroom experience as an Early Childhood Educator. Experience within a Head Start classroom is preferred.
- Must meet State Licensing requirements for First Aid and CPR certification, Child Passenger Safety training, physical examination, and pass a MN DHS required background study.
- Experience with and ability to work with Spanish speaking parents and children preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to relate to and work with staff and parents.
- Physically able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Ability to utilize and operate computers in child activities.
- Must be able to act as bus monitor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org