Website Wright County Community Action, Inc.
Wright County Community Action (WCCA) is seeking teachers to join our Head Start team who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of children and families. You will be responsible for leading a small team of early childhood educators as well as planning and implementing engaging curriculum that promotes the physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development for children ages 3 – 5 years old. This position works 40 hours per week during the school year with summer hours being offered when available.
WCCA center based Head Start programs provide free learning and development services for eligible families and their children ages 3 to 5 years old.
A Covid-19 vaccine or WCCA approved exemption is required for this position per the Federal Head Start mandate. Masking is required for this position regardless of vaccination status.
To apply visit our website at www.wccaweb.com/home/employment
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Child Development or Early Childhood Education, or equivalent coursework.
- Classroom experience as an Early Childhood Educator. Experience within a Head Start classroom is preferred.
- Must meet State Licensing requirements for First Aid and CPR certification, Child Passenger Safety training, physical examination, and pass a MN DHS required background study.
- Experience and ability to work with Spanish speaking parents and children preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to relate to and work with staff and parents.
- Physically able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Must be able to utilize and operate computers in child activities.
- Must be able to act as bus monitor.
To apply for this job please visit www.wccaweb.com.